Friday, February 18, 2005

Meet Cody


cody and me
Originally uploaded by annabuena.
Since I share almost everything on this blog...I think it's only fair that I introduce you to my one and only pet...

He was born June 16, 1996. Dakota Wolf, nicknamed Cody, is a Belgian Sheepdog.

Belgian Sheepdogs are hunters by nature. They are either black or brown in color. My Cody has long jet-black hair with a round spot of white on his chest. He stands proud...and why not? He is a descendant of equally lovable, Bullet,who was once declared 'champion' in a dog show competition. Cody could have been a 'Show Dog' too..only his tail is a bit crooked and one of his "balls" didn't descend properly...so he's only got one 'ball':( Don't you laugh at my Cody, now!!! Ha ha ha! It's all good. He knows we love him despite that. You know what else I love about him? His loyalty and love for me never falters..even if I do neglect him at times. Awww.. :)

Ready...set...wrestle!
So meet my dog, Cody! He likes to hunt cats, much to my Grandma's disgrace. We actually have a graveyard for the cats that have fallen prey to Cody in our backyard...sorry cat lovers...I told you he's a 'hunter by nature'...but we make sure he knows it's wrong. Cody also loves to run and, like all animals, be petted. If you sit beside him while he's sleeping, he'll make sure your company is appreciated by putting a paw on your leg, hand, lap, foot or wherever, as long as there is a contact between the two of you, while he sleeps. He used to hate other dogs, but now that he's much older, he's made peace with them and has even taken on the role of 'big brother' to our other dog, Paris.

Well, That's Cody for you!

Chow!

5 comments:

m said...

awwww...i miss having a dog around. used to have a japanese spitz named 'prince'. yes...named after 'the artist formerly known as prince'!! cody is so cute!

Anonymous said...

yeah,i saw one picture of you and Josiah with a dog, was that him?

Cody is cute and sweet and doesn't know me that well...hehhe! Sometimes, i get scared of him! hihihi!

m said...

no - that dog was my cousins puppy - her name is jewel - sheppard/border collie; she's awesome - loves josiah & lets him pull on her all he wants. josiah never met prince, he was my pup back in phils & he didn't get his immigration papers to canada :( so we had to leave him & he was so sad without me that he couldn't live without him - kaya yun nasa doggie heaven na sya - awww...sad story noh?

It's me...Anna said...

awww...that is sad... :) I hope you'll be able to get a new one soon...I'm sure it'll be great if Josiah grows up with a best-dog-friend.:)

m said...

no pets in the house - syd's allergic to cats & josiah's got allegies to everything also - can't chance it!