Thursday, March 03, 2005

Bitten by the Lazy-bug


Unisan sunset
Originally uploaded by annabuena.
I'm sure it has happened to you before. Bitten by the lazy-bug, I mean. Well, that's officially my excuse for not being able to post an entry for soooooo long.

Well, anyway, we went to Unisan, Quezon over the weekend. It was a four-hour drive but let me tell you, IT WAS WELL WORTH IT!!! Yup, the house was gorgeous and was just right beside the beach. The food was great: big-ass crabs, giant squids, paella, oysters, hotdogs and there was a bunch of other stuff we enjoyed stuffing down our throats! Hahaha! Its no surprise I got indigestion. What a pig!!! Har Har Har!
Getting some sunLook at the size of this clipperDavid and MeMy view
So anyway, the highlight of the trip for me was swimming in the middle of the ocean. You see, we rented a boat to explore the rest of the place. Someone said there were caves we can poke around in in another resort...but it turned out to be just shallow holes. Not much to see there actually, so after taking pictures, we sailed off to the middle of the ocean where the corals were. The water was clear enough to see corals and some fishies in. Our skin was burning from the heat of the sun...with no shade to take refuge in...so one by one...we all jumped in. Of course, it took me a long time to dive in because I'm such a scaredy-cat. But eventually, with life-jacket on and a big yelp, I jumped in and the instant I hit the water, I was glad I did! Yahoo! Are you not you proud of me, Lei?!

Another hightlight was bonfire night. They have a different way of going about bonfires in Unisan. Instead of wood, they burn bundled coconut leaves. So it was really tall and thin. Like a giant cigarette standing upright! We got a kick out of looking at the blazing fire and toasting marshmallows too! And then...the tequila bottle came out...wow, drinking by the beach, gazing at the stars, watching the lights of fishing boats from a far dance and just talking. Fantastic.

The trip was pretty much all about: eating, drinking, eating, swimming, eating, boating, eating, playing catch with Coby, eating, karaoke, eating, sleeping and oh yeah, eating.

I CAN'T WAIT TO DO IT ALL AGAIN! TO THE NEXT BEACH DESTINATION...CHARGE!!!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

hey guys, wait for me... i'm riding too! haha. hey anna, you've tried looking for nemo, well... join us looking for tarzan next time... lei uwi na :)

It's me...Anna said...

oo Lei, puwede na tayo banana boat! Napatunayan ko na na kaya talaga ako ng life-jacket! Akala ko kasi ang beach para juma-porms lang eh...

Hi aryx!

:)