Sunday, March 13, 2005

I Saw Norah Jones in Concert


norah Jones
Originally uploaded by annabuena.

Anna (singing while doing the dance of joy): I got to watch Norah Jones...I got to watch Norah Jones...I got to watch Norah Jones...

Yup, couldn't pass up the chance of seeing her perform live! I mean, it will probably be years and years before she decides to set foot in Manila again. So David and I decided, the very same day of the concert, that we are going to stop being cheapskates for one day and shell out some money for one of our favorite artist (actually we had to borrow money from Fran. Pay you Monday girl!).

We actually got a good deal from this guy (a scalper?) who was selling tickets of friends who couldn't make it. He gave us a discount so we took it. Our seats were not too close to the stage. Infact, we could hardly see Norah...but that didn't matter. We were there for her music and it was just great! She sang effortlessly and her band (the Handsome band) was ultra cool! The stage set-up and the lighting were fabulous too. One of the best concerts I've seen, actually! And she was funny too! She cracked a few jokes and talked about hanging out and having beers with Elmo (Yes, of Sesame Street)!:) I'm so glad I watched!


Fran and anna
So anyway, after the concert, David, Fran, Diego and myself went to get dinner and some beers..talked a bit and then I rushed off to Hobbit to have margaritas with my other friends! Whew! What a Saturday!

6 comments:

m said...

norah! norah! i absolutely love her music...the girls got soul! glad you had a good time...i'll make sure to catch her show when she's in my town! oh btw since ur such a huge music lover - have i told u that prince aka 'the symbol' has a home about 20 mins away from mine?? and about 2 mins from my work? i pass by it all the time...but never see him :( maybe when you come visit me one day we can wait for him to catch a glimpse hehehe!

It's me...Anna said...

Sama ako diyan ha? I don't want to get left behind...

m said...

haha! agenda 1: visit prince!, agenda 2: whitewater rafting the ottawa river, agenda 3: eat at the best restaurants in t.o.! agenda 4: watch a baseball game at the dome agenda 5: hmmmm...i'll think up of more stuff! bot: as long as lei is taking to come see me, you can join her then! ;)

how's prince - heck i don't know...i haven't seen a sign of him at all!! last i saw him - i had to pay $$$ to see him in concert - what a great concert! bot: don't miss that gig when he comes into town - dudes got soul!

It's me...Anna said...

I will try to see his concert, Mar! Kaya lang I'm sure mahal ticket niya! :(

m said...

it sure is expensive but its all good coz he does live concerts & its all about the live music. unlike the lip-synching-boyband-hip-gyrating-britney spears type of concerts. arrrgghhhh! why charge so much money for your concerts if all it is a sing-along & dance to your tunes? any damn monkey can do that! ok, ok - there's my bitch for the morning! speaking of great concerts - we saw tina turner a few years ago - now that was a good concert!!

l8r - thx 4 listening 2 my bitch!

It's me...Anna said...

i'm with you, Mar!:) Feel free to bitch all you want. I get entertained with rants too! It's all good! :)