Sunday, August 28, 2005

My Week....

This is going to be a long entry because so much happened this week! Lots of photos too! Although, some I’ll have to add later on.

First of all, HAPPY, HAPPY BIRTHDAY to my good friend Jeng!
blowout the candle jeng
She turned a year older last August 24. Thank you sooo much, Jeng, for forgiving me for not remembering to greet you on the day of your birthday. In my defense, I forget everything!!! I also forgot my other friend’s birthday. It was a good thing she celebrated in Sagada so she didn’t really miss my greetings…or me, for that matter. So anyway, back to Jeng, I made up by treating her to dinner. We even got the waiters to sing the Birthday Song for her…complete with tambourines and all!
Happy birthday Jeng
She hated us for it, of course, but hey, you can’t say we didn’t try to make it special!

And then, Thursday, the girls of RX decided to have a get together. Bond and talk about stuff only girls would appreciate. After so many changes in our plans, we ended up going to Chinggay’s crib. It was fun but we didn’t get to talk that much. The TV distracted us. All we did, basically, was eat and watch TV. And then Paeng showed up ( yup, he’s one of the girls!(: ), and with him were two bottles of excellent red wine. Those of us who didn’t leave early chugged it down with gusto. Chinggay also announced that she was treating all the girls to free hair and make-up at her favorite salon, since it was the station’s anniversary party the next day. And that made us really happy! Finally drunk, we called it a night and headed home.

The next day, with puffy eyes and misbehaving hair, I went to the salon. Jommel did some magic with my eyes.
getting readyvoila!
From looking so tired he made me look like I was ready for another long night of partying.
RX Girls
And party I did! We drank Vodka Ice. I thought it was another one of those alco-pops that are too sweet but doesn’t do anything to get you in a party mood. Boy, was I wrong…that baby has KICK! So there I was, whether I was alone or with someone, singing along to every song the bands played…using the bottle in my hand as a microphone! After some dancing and a few more bottles, I decided it was time to head home! I stopped by at a 24-hour McDonald’s for some “big breakfast” and fell flat on my face on my comfy bed when I got home. I had a great time and I’m sure everyone else did too! Happy anniversary RX!!!!

The next morning, I had to pry myself out of bed. Time to go to work again. Because I was hung-over (where are you when I need you Jommel?! ) I was a few minutes late. So you’d think I would go straight home after work, right? Wrong. My day isn’t over yet. I had to meet up with old friends. And I’m so glad we did. We’ve lost touch with our good friend Girlie for SIX years! And when we finally get to meet, we found out that she’s leaving for Paris the NEXT DAY! So sleep or no sleep, there was some catching up to do and by the end of the night, we have re-cemented our friendship. We’ll miss her of course, but we’re also very excited for her and her family. We’ll miss her but who’s to say we won’t see each other again real soon? See you in Paris, Girlie!!!!
Anna Bessie Girlie & NitzArleh, Bessie, Girlie and AnnaReunion
Wow, what a fun week!!! Until, the next entry, folks!

No comments: