Wednesday, October 05, 2005

Road Problems...

In the short time that I've been driving around the metro...I have never been pulled over by a cop (or in this case, the MMDA).

Last Saturday was a first for me. My gosh, it was pretty scary. I was stuttering so bad and I must've looked really guilty aboutsomething because they gave me a hard time. More than I deserved actually. My offense? I forgot to put my KBP commemorative plate down. It expired...last May! Duh?! Pretty stupid of me eh? And I was only caught now?

They got my license and they were preparing to write me a ticket. I was to pay P5,000!!! What the f&@K?! So I begged and I pleaded! I told lies, I pretended I was about to cry. I didn't know whether I should slip him a couple of bucks. Because somewhere in there, he hinted that he will get about 7% off of the 5 thousand bucks that I'm to pay . Should I have given him the 7% equivalent? But what if I was wrong? What if he wasn't hinting? What if I offend him? What if he adds "bribery" to my offense? So I chickened-out and dropped the idea. Plus, I didn;t want to get in the habit of slipping them money to get myself off the hook.

We've been there for 30 mins already (maybe, he was hinting after all)! I took my last shot. I told the guy that I would just mention his name in my radio show. Make him look good among his friends and fellow-traffic enforcers. This card I played well because, believe it or not, the idea of hearing his name on the radio was what softened him up. So I got his name and told him which frequency to tune in to? He said " Ay ma'm, nakikinig talaga ako dun!" yeah right?! Hee hee. So finaly, he gave me my license back and I was able to drive to work.

After work, I drove home trying to dodge every other MMDAs...to the point of being reckless,actually. I was asked to pull over one more time. I told them I have already spoken to SGT. Mogolo (good thing I got his name) and he had asked me to put down the plate when I get home. And then...they let me go....

Here is a picture of the license plate that got me in sooo much trouble...
Saved
it says "saved"...well, I was...twice...

No comments: